Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sharing T.I Quick Biz Tip


February 1st 2011
T.I.M.E: Teach.Inspire.Mentor.Empower

One of my mentors shared this with me today a quote she found, she says that this maybe the best way for us in the field to explain public relations (PR) vs Marketing vs Advertising, its a bit colorful , one sided from a man's angle but i think it paints the best picture with a little bit of humor!

"On the door of our office, we have a poster which sums up pretty well – albeit in a colourful manner – what public relations is.
“A man takes a girl out for a romantic evening. At the end of it, he tells her that he is the world’s best lover - that’s advertising.
 If he tells her she needs a lover and he’s the best man for the job, that’s marketing.
But if, before he can say a word, she tells him that she’s heard he is a great lover - then that’s public relations.”  by AJ.Durning

You get the general idea, so let me know your thoughts? Feel free to inbox me your business questions or comments on branding or PR, i will give it my best answer.

hope you enjoyed the analysis, fun, but to the point.


I think Modern day PR should now include using a wide range  of customized  package for your specific business fit: branding, social media, new media, media relations, direct marketing and crisis management and many more     ~Tina Ike~

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a great month, full of positive unlimited possibilities!

    ReplyDelete